This is one my favorite treats to take along when I go out for the day. I find if I have something to keep my blood sugar in balance when out and about I am not tempted to grab something less healthy. The healthy fat and fiber fills me up and gives me energy.
These bites are full of protein from the nuts and hemp seeds. Hemp seeds are one of nature’s richest sources of easy to digest vegan protein.
The Goji berry is an adaptogen which means it adapts to what your body needs. It provides energy when you’re tired and calms you down when stressed. The goji berry harmonizes functions of the entire body, resulting in enhanced stamina, strength and energy. They have been shown to support energy, prevent aging, improve vision, keep liver and kidneys healthy and help you sleep.
They are good to eat before and after workouts.Print
- ¼ cup goji berries, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 6 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ½ cup dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Soak the goji berries in hot water for 30 minutes, drain and dry on a kitchen towel.
- Process the walnuts, hemp seeds, dates and sesame seeds together until they are finely chopped.
- Add the goji berries and process until sticky.
- Form into 10 small balls and refrigerate or freeze.
- You can eat these right away or store for later. I love having them ready in my freezer.
Substitute raisins for the dates to get a slightly different taste
Use almonds, cashews or brazil nuts instead of walnuts
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Healthy, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Raw
Enjoy the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love hearing about your health journey and your thoughts and feedback on making your own delicious recipes at home.