Sweet Spice Grilled Peaches is an easy to make dessert that elevates a simple peach to a sublime dessert. It only takes 5 minutes to make.
What could be better than a perfectly ripe peach? A peach that gives off its sweet aroma while sitting on the kitchen counter. A peach that can barely contain its own juices. Take that peach in your hand, stand outside on the lawn, lean over slightly and slurp it down. The perfect summer dessert.
But there are only so many peaches you can eat out of hand. Peach cobbler is an indulgent way to savor the summer fruit but it requires a little planning ahead of time. I only make cobbler in the morning when I can use the oven before the day heats up.
Grilled peaches are the way to go when you have summer peaches you want to turn into an incredible dessert on the spot. Grilling peaches makes them even sweeter. Grilling can elevate mediocre peaches to excellence and great ones to sublimity. The recipe that follows is a simple one.
I combine sweet cinnamon and smoked paprika together with a little oil. If you don’t have smoked paprika or you don’t like that smoky flavor leave it out.
I use coconut oil which is always in liquid form this time of year from the summer heat. Olive oil also works well.
Cut peaches in half and coat both sides with the oil and spice mixture. I use a combination of dipping and rubbing. Place on a medium hot grill until soft and lightly toasted. Turn to cook on the other side.
Don’t worry if you don’t have the spices, simply dab the cut fruit with a little oil and place on a hot grill. They are fabulous plain too.
The result is a sublime peach dessert. For additional sweetness drizzle a little honey onto the hot peaches. If your peaches are sweet you won’t need it.
If you have a can of coconut milk chilling in the refrigerator you can elevate the dish to phenomenal by whipping up some coconut whipped cream to serve on top. I keep a can of coconut milk chilling in the refrigerator all summer long to use for whipped cream on fruits or berries.Print
A simple recipe that turns delicious peaches into a sublime dessert.
- Heat a gas grill to medium
- Peel the peaches unless they are organic. EWG lists them as #4 on their Dirty Dozen
- Put the coconut oil, cinnamon and smoked paprika into a medium bowl. Mix to combine.
- Slice peaches in half all the way around, and twist their halves off their pits. Remove the pits.
- Coat both sides of each peach with the sauce. I use a combination of dipping and rubbing.
- Grill, cut side down, until the fruit has developed grill marks and started to soften, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn over and continue cooking over medium-low heat, another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Cut in half . Drizzle with honey for additional sweetness (optional).
- Serve warm topped with coconut whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegan, Seasonal
Enjoy the recipe. Please leave a comment below and let me know how the peaches come out for you.