This Paleo Peach Mousse is an incredibly light and deliciously creamy summer dessert that is completely dairy free and easy to make, only 5 ingredients. It’s made with nutritious ingredients that will make you feel so good!
Today, we’re making a super fun, light, single serve dessert. It’s prepared in advance and is super easy to put together. You’ll love this delicious healthy dessert you can grab anytime. Even though it is simple, it’s elegant enough for a dinner party.
Traditionally mousse is made with whipping cream but I’m using coconut cream to make it lighter and dairy free!
I’ve been eating light all summer long as part of my inspiration to “lighten up” and experience more lightness of being.
The gelatin in the recipe helps the mousse to set and gives it stability.
You can replace it with equal amounts of agar agar for a vegan option.
- better digestion
- beautiful skin
- protects your joints
- better sleep
Easy To Prepare
Add the remaining half of the coconut milk to the gelatin and heat while stirring until the gelatin is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Blend with the peaches and pour into 4 small bowls. Chill for
4-5 hours until firm.
Once you’ve put the mousse into the refrigerator to chill it’s time to make the Fresh Peach Sauce. The mousse is fine alone but the peach sauce makes this dessert sublime!
The sauce is a combination of peaches, maple syrup to sweeten and a little bit of tapioca for thickening. It’s simmered in a pan for 5-7 minutes to until they become a sweet peachy sauce. Then chilled until ready to serve.
Store in the fridge for 3 – 4 days. Store peach sauce separate from the mousse. Spoon sauce on top of the mousse just before serving.
This Paleo Peach Mousse doesn’t freeze well. It might separate when you defrost it.
For the same reason, don’t try and save time by chilling in the freezer. Plan to make them 4-5 hours in advance.
This is a SUPER delicious summer recipe. You’ll enjoy it’s creamy, light, naturally sweet, peachy taste. And you’ll feel light and energized!
If you like this recipe try these other delicious summer desserts:
Please let me know how you like this recipe in the comments! I appreciate your feedback so much. Let me know what you’re eating this summer. ♥Print
This Paleo Peach Mousse is an incredibly light and deliciously creamy summer dessert that is completely dairy free and easy to make, only 5 ingredients. Plan for 4-5 hours to chill in the refrigerator
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gelatin powder or agar agar (for vegan)
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups peaches, peeled, cut into chunks (365 grams)
- 2/3 cup coconut cream*
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prepare the Mousse:
- Place cold water in a saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin powder and leave it for 5 minutes to soften (“bloom”).
- While the gelatin is blooming, peel and measure the peaches. Put peaches, half the coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining coconut cream to the pot with the gelatin and heat briefly on low heat while stirring until gelatin is fully dissolved. Do not boil!!
- Add the gelatin mix to the blender with the pureed peaches and blend until combined. Adjust sweetener if necessary.
- Pour into 4 small bowls or dessert dishes and cool in the fridge for 4-5 hours or until firm.
- Place the peaches, maple syrup, into a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir the mixture as it cooks.
- Whisk the tapioca and water together until dissolved.
- Bring peaches to a simmer and add the tapioca mix.
- Simmer for 6-7 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat mash any large chunks of peaches to get desired texture.
- Spoon peach sauce on top of mousse just before serving. Store sauce separately from the mousse.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten Free, Diary Free, Vegan Option, Nut Free
Keywords: peach mousse, healthy dessert, dairy free, paleo
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Eat Well Enjoy Life.