These nuts are a nice homemade dessert gift to bring to holiday parties. I also like to have them as a high protein snack during the day just in case my blood sugar dips when I am busy with clients.
They are easy to make. They only take 5 minutes to put together and 15 minutes to roast. I save the glass jars from coconut oil for storage. They make the perfect gift container for these delicious nuts.
I like pecans and walnuts for this recipe. The sweetened and spiced liquid gets into the crannies to flavor the nuts. Enjoy the recipe for yourself or as a gift for your friends.Print
An easy to make snack. A great gift to bring to holiday parties.
- Preheat oven to 300°
- In a medium bowl lightly whisk egg white, then whisk in the maple syrup
- Add the spices and whisk to combine evenly
- Toss the nuts into the egg white mixture and stir to coat evenly, Get it into every nook and cranny.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer nuts to a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the nuts are browned and the coating is dry
- Cool for 20 minutes and serve or store
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Paleo Gluten Free