Watercress is a nutrient dense food with more iron than spinach, more calcium than milk and more vitamin C than oranges. It has a spicy tang to it, much like arugula, and can be used in salads and soups. This easy-to-make salad combines slightly bitter watercress with the sweetness of apple and creaminess of avocado, giving it the perfect balance of deliciousness.Print
This easy-to-make salad combines slightly bitter watercress with the sweetness of apple and creaminess of avocado, giving it the perfect balance of deliciousness.
- 3 cups organic watercress, soak in water for 10 minutes and rinse thoroughly unless it is prewashed
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh pepper
- hemp seeds (optional)
- In a large bowl combine apple cider vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and olive oil and mix well.
- Peel and grate the apple, using the big holes on a box grater.
- Put the apples into the bowl with the dressing, mix well.
- Cut the watercress into large bite size pieces.
- Add watercress to the bowl with the apples and toss to combine evenly.
- Cut the avocado into 1-inch chunks and fold gently into the salad.
- Top with fresh pepper.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds for additional protein
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Healthy, Paleo, Vegan
Until next time, have a fantastic day and enjoy the recipe. Please leave a comment below. I always love hearing about your health journey and your thoughts and feedback on making your own delicious food at home.