I always put greens into my smoothie. It does not look pretty but tastes great. Today I was able to pick some fresh spinach from the garden to mix in with the blueberries which are in the market now at a great price. The blueberry season is upon us yeah! The spinach is amazing when just picked. I feel blessed to have a garden.
I use coconut milk and chia seed to get good fat and protein in my smoothie. Coconut milk is a great source of healthy fats. Coconut is a magical food that supports our body in many ways. Click to read the coconut blog post. Chia also has many health benefits.
An easy to make creamy smoothie with just a few ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons chia seed
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (organic or wild)
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1/4 tsp kelp granules (optional)
- Soak chia in water for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Add to the blender along with the rest of the ingredients
- Blend everything until smooth.
Add 1 scoop protein powder.
If using fresh blueberries, drink immediately as it will thicken up very fast.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Smoothie, Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo