Paleo Mini Pizzas have a crispy almond flour crust filled with pizza sauce, onions, peppers and mushrooms, topped with your favorite vegan or traditional cheese. These little pizza cups are perfect for the beach or picnic. Paleo, gluten free, vegetarian with a dairy free option.
My grandson Avery loves pizza, so I created these Paleo Mini Pizzas to bring with us to the beach or when we go fishing.
The crust is shaped into a little cup to hold the filling. It keeps everything together really well. Perfect for all your summer excursions or parties. They can be served warm or at room temperature.
The crust is made with almond flour, Celtic sea salt, coconut oil and eggs. That’s it, very simple! Mix everything together.
Separate the dough into 12 even pieces (about 30 grams each). Roll each one into a ball and flatten until it is the size of the bottom of the muffin tin.
It’s best to use muffin liners, to make it easy to remove them from the pan.
Press dough into the muffin liner using your fingers to make a little cup, with the sides coming up about 1/2 inch.
Bake the crust for 15 minutes until firm.
While the crust is cooking prepare the vegetables. I use red onions, yellow peppers and mushrooms. Coarsely chop the vegetables so they’re big enough to see but small enough to fit into the cups. Saute them in olive oil with garlic powder, sea salt and oregano until lightly brown.
You can use any vegetables you like or leave the vegetables out. Plain is also very good.
Once the crust is cooked, fill them with the tomato sauce. You want the sauce to be thick. Buy pizza sauce or use your favorite tomato sauce. If your sauce is a little runny, simmer on medium low for 2-4 minutes to thicken it up a little. FILL THE CRUST WITH THE SAUCE ALL THE WAY UP.
Add in a little bit of cooked vegetables to each cup.
Now you get to choose the type of cheese you like. Mozzarella is traditional or vegan mozzarella (found in your local health food store). It’s also good with just a sprinkling of parmesan or vegan parmesan. I love vegan parmesan, it only takes a few minutes to make. Goat cheese is also good. It’s up to you! I find them all delicious.
Top the mini pizzas with a little cheese and pop them in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until brown and bubbly.
Remove from the pan, peel away the the muffin liner and serve or let cool to eat later. If you’re taking them to the beach or picnic leave them in the liner, they’ll stay together better. They can be served warm or at room temperature.
Store them in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Heat or let come to room temperature to serve.
Enjoy these Paleo Mini Pizzas this summer. They’re delicious, easy to make, have lots of pizza flavor, a nice crispy crust and are super satisfying.
You may also like these other recipes to take to the beach:
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.Print
Paleo Mini Pizzas are delicious, easy to make, have lots of pizza flavor, a nice crispy crust and are super satisfying. Great for the beach or parties.
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, (56 grams)
- 2 pastured eggs
- 2 cups almond flour, (224 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup red and/or yellow peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce or thick tomato sauce*
- Cheese options about 1 1/2 ounces: vegan parmesan, parmesan, vegan mozzarella, traditional mozzarella or goat cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Melt coconut oil. Let cool a bit.
- Mix eggs in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl mix flour and salt. Add eggs and coconut oil. Mix gently until dough comes together.
- Separate the dough into 12 even pieces (about 30 grams each). Roll each one into a ball and flatten until it is the size of the bottom of the muffin tin.
- Press into muffin liner using your fingers to make a little cup with the sides coming up about 1/2 inch.
- Bake for 15 minutes until firm.
- While the crust is baking cook the vegetables.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan. Add onions, peppers and mushrooms.
- Add salt, oregano and garlic powder,
- Sauté on medium low until soft and lightly brown, about 4 minutes.
- Remove mini crusts from the oven.
- Raise temperature to 375 degrees.
- Fill each cup full with tomato sauce.
- Top with vegetables.
- Sprinkle with cheese of choice.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until bubbly and lightly brown.
If the tomato sauce you’re using is a little watery, simmer on low for 2-4 minutes until thickened.
Nutrition information is with traditional mozzarella.
- Category: Lunch, Snack, Appetizer
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free Option
Keywords: mini pizza, paleo mini pizza
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting Eat Well Enjoy Life.