These super decadent, gluten free, dairy free, Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are moist and chewy. They are so good you won’t believe they’re so healthy and easy to make.
I am so grateful to have the pleasure of making cookies with my grandson for the first time.
Now that he’s one year old it’s time to make cookies. Of course I wanted it to be a really healthy cookie. I decided on these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies from Sakara Life. They sell them online but I was able to find the recipe and was excited to make them at home as my grandson’s first cookie.
The cookies have only a few ingredients and are simple to make. Almond flour gives them a nutty, crumbly texture and almond butter keeps them wonderfully moist. The cardamom gives them a slightly herbal, citrusy character. I make them with chocolate chunks but chips would probably work just as well.
I like to weigh the almond flour and almond butter for more accuracy. Once you combine the ingredients with an electric mixture the batter has to sit overnight in the refrigerator. The next day the batter is ready to be baked into cookies.
I find it easier to weigh each cookie but a heaping 1/4 cup also works.
Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes, or until they are lightly brown and firm around the edges. The center will still be soft. Cool completely before removing from the baking pan to allow the center to get firm. Don’t overcook them. They are best moist and chewy.
It was great fun having my daughter-in-law helping me make the cookies too.
These are they kind of cookies you’ll be making again and again as a healthy indulgence. They keep in a sealed container for about 3 days and also freeze nicely. I hope you enjoy them with your family as much as I do.Print
The moist and chewy chocolate chip cookies are vegan, gluten free and easy to make. The batter needs to sit overnight in the refrigerator so plan accordingly.
- 2 cups almond flour, 224 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon fine Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup roasted salted almond butter, 255 gr
- ¾ cups honey, raw if possible but must be liquid
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or stand up mixer, mix the almond flour with the baking powder, cardamom and salt at low speed until combined.
- At medium speed, beat in the almond butter, honey and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the chocolate chunks and beat until just incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Take dough out of the refrigerator to warm up for a few minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and arrange racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop a heaping 1/4-cup or 80 grams of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets and flatten into1/2-inch-thick disks leaving 1½ inches between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes, until they are lightly browned and firm around the edges; shift the baking sheets from front to back and top to bottom halfway through baking.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten Free, Diary Free, Paleo, Vegan