Kale chips are are really easy to make. You can take them with you as a healthy snack any time. Serve them to your friends instead of the usual corn chips. Most people love the crunchy, salty flavor they don’t even realize they are so healthy.
KALE is a super food. Eating kale is like putting a rain forest into your body. Kale has more nutrients for fewer calories than almost any other food. It has the highest amount of antioxidants of any vegetable. Kale is strongly anti-inflammatory, high in fiber, low cholesterol.
Easy Kale Chips
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Paleo
1 head of kale
2 Tb olive oil
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp cayenne (optional if you like a little heat)
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees
• Wash kale dry thoroughly by spinning in a salad spinner or wrapping in a towel. Remove stems, cut or tear the leaves into medium pieces
• Place a little olive oil in a bowl, dip your fingers and rub a very light coat of olive oil over the kale. Really rub so the entire leaf gets coated
• Sprinkle with salt and cayenne. Mix
• Place on a shallow baking sheet, no need to oil the pan
• Roast 4 minutes or until it starts to turn a tiny bit brown. Turn it over and roast with the other side up about 4 minutes more. Be careful it does not burn. They should be crispy.
• Serve immediately or put into a zip lock to take with you as a snack.