Grilled Portobello Mushrooms remind me of a great steak!
Thick, juicy and perfectly vegan.
Who says vegetarians can’t enjoy a good steak? These moist, juicy portobello mushroom steak is a barbecue favorite for everyone (even meat eaters). Here portobello mushrooms are marinated in an olive oil, balsamic vinegar, herb and garlic mix and then grilled to perfection. It is even better than beef steak, easy to make, full of antioxidants, thick, juicy and delicious.
Watch the video to see how how I do it.
Even better than beef steak, the Portobello mushroom makes the perfect summer meal. Easy to make, full of antioxidants, thick and juicy.
- Light the grill.
- Wash mushrooms, rinsing the tops under water for a few seconds. Wipe dry. Gently wipe the bottoms. Don’t let them get too wet. Mushrooms are porous and get soggy if you dunk them in water.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together on a plate.
- Coat both sides of the mushrooms with the marinade and let sit 5 minutes
- Place mushrooms on the grill top side down. Turn the grill down to low. Cover.
- Grill 5-10 minutes, dipping frequently into the marinade so they stay moist. Be careful they don’t get too brown.
- The juices will collect on the inside of the mushroom. When you turn them over capture all the delicious juices from the mushrooms in the marinade.
- Serve thinly sliced on a bed of arugula or put onto a burger bun and have a mushroom burger.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Main Dish, Vegetable
- Cuisine: Vegan, Healthy, Paleo, Gluten Free
I hope you enjoy the recipe and make mushrooms on your barbecue this weekend. Please leave me a comment, I always love hearing from you.
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.